New Jersey CME Requirements
What are the state CME requirements in New Jersey?
Here are the continuing medical education requirements for New Jersey.
New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners CME Requirements
Annual State CME Requirements for New Jersey
- 100 total hours every 2 years
- 40 AMA Category 1 Credits
Licensed physicians are required by law to earn credits in continuing medical education in order to maintain their medical licenses.
For license renewal, physicians must complete 100 credits of continuing medical education (CME) during each renewal period, forty (40) of which must be Category 1 Credit, the remaining sixty (60) can be Category 1 Credit or 2.
MSNJ can help members sort through the regulatory requirements.
- Two (2) of the required Category 1 Credits need to be in End-of-Life-Care.
- One (1) of the required Category 1 Credits needs to be in topics concerning prescription opioid drugs, including responsible prescribing practices, alternatives to opioids for managing and treating pain, and the risks and signs of opioid abuse, addiction and diversion.
View Source: Medical Society of New Jersey
How do you fulfill state CME requirements?
Med-Challenger offers a state CME course that fulfills state continuing medical education requirements. Take assessments on state-mandated CME topics and earn AMA Category 1 CME credit. Submit your state CME certificates to your state CME authorities. It's the fastest, most convenient way to satisfy your state CME requirements annually.
State CME Requirements
Satisfy your state CME requirements easily, every year.
Satisfy State-required CME anytime, anywhere, year after year, with Med-Challenger's State CME Requirements course. Continually updated.
- One-time purchase. No re-buys ever.
- One year of Premium Access free
- 1000+ high-yield board-style questions with detailed explanations
- Over 70 topics, including new topics annually
- 87 AMA Category 1 CME credits
- 86 ANCC contact hours
More CME Courses
Additional continuing medical education courses for physicians, nurses, and more can be found in our store.
Save time, money and stress.
Don't spend your time and energy - and more money - traveling to and sitting through a live review cram course that leaves you holding a paper binder and no lasting value. With Med-Challenger, you study when you want, where you want. Stay comfortable. We bring everything to you. More than just effective board exam review, more than a "question bank," it's ongoing knowledge support for lifelong practice excellence.
Plus, our board reviews are designed for your high-stakes exam - as well as your career requirements after you've passed your exam - year after year. You'll never have to buy MOC resources again.
"Med-Challenger is by far the most convenient way to earn required CME credits while truly improving your knowledge and practice."